"A city set on a hill cannot be hid"

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Student ID and other adventures

it's a sign that you've been in the medical school building too much when you go to grab your school ID card to swipe to get in your front door at home.

[right now i'm listening to wierd trombone music: "U-tangia"--crazy organ with wailin' bone in the twilight zone. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000016KC see sample track #9]

last saturday I went to the Oregon Symphony--it was awesome! they have student tix for $10 an hr before the concert. I tried to get someone to come with me to no avail, so I decided to go anyways and just as I was at the ticket counter pulling out my student ID this older lady at the ticket counter was trying to give a ticket to the cashier and turned to me and said, "you wouldn't happen to be a student would you?"
"Well yes I am," I said holdling up my ID badge for some reason.
"Here you go, but you'll have to sit by me" and she slapped a ticket into my hands. Her son wasn't able to go at the last minute, and she wanted to donate the ticket to a student. What perfect timing, and it was an awesome seat, right on the floor level midway back (a $53 ticket!). The concert was fabulous--it had been a long time since I had been to the symphony. So CLASSICAL MUSIC + GENEROSITY = a great evening.

[followed by trombone in agony with motorcycle noises "Concerto For Trombone And Orchestra (Motorbike Concerto): Fifth Movement: Finale]

This week in gross lab...it's been well, on the very interesting but awkward at times. Enough said since any more details might be distasteful. We're also learning how to do parts of the physical exam--we listened to lungs and hearts this week, which is a little hard to get used to in small groups since we have to practice on our peers. But it's cool that we're beginning to learn all this stuff. Key word--ALL. There is so much to learn! But I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home