"A city set on a hill cannot be hid"

Friday, April 20, 2007

CMDA leadership & this week

So I mentioned in my last post that I was gonna go to a CMDA student leader weekend--
we had probably 20? students from all over the west at our conference. I was able to host a pharmacy student from AZ, and I met tons of others--Utah, Colorado, more AZ, California, Nevada, even Hawaii! It was quite a challenging and inspiring weekend, and I enjoyed the speakers and fellowship. We mostly focused on what it's going to mean for us to be leaders next year and trying to balance school and life and such, and we had several reminders to keep on with the BASICS which are so vital to our life in Christ (prayer, Bible reading, church attendance). We also had a chance to meet with the people within our school to discuss some things, and I am very excited about our leadership team! We already have some great ideas. I'm also thankful for great doctor-mentors who are willing to let us use their house and head up a lot of stuff too--the couple is a "paradox" (pair-of-docs) and are such a wonderful encouragement to me. We also enjoyed a yummy dinner at the Spaghetti factory together at the end of the conference. The pic below is of Brian J who's my main co-leader for next year and his wife Julie. They are also the couple I'll be living with next year along with another gal from my class.

So this week we got into full swing on tissue-pathology. We have all these cool pathologists explaining stuff to us, and it's challenging for sure, 1) because i've forgotten a lot of my normal histology and 2) it's pretty new stuff and can be kind of subtle to tell what's normal and what's not. We also started learning about cancer, which is quite interesting as well. It's only a few mutations that keep the normal cells in our bodies from going whack out of control and becoming purposeless masses! Pretty crazy how we're all put together so correctly. It also hits close to home because almost everyone knows someone who has had or died of cancer.


Anything else? Well, not too much besides school, staying healthy, not sleeping enough, and having fun on the side. On Wednesday we had our first meeting for our Indonesia trip which was really exciting--we got to meet each other and hear more about what we'll be doing. What an adventure that lies ahead!


Anyhow, I that's it for now. It was a beautiful day, and I'm thankful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley Ronnell said...

Ang, it's good to hear that you're finding good balance in the craziness of things!

2:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home